Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
United Kingdom "Dangerous dogs" returned to owners
06-25-2011, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2011 09:12 AM by PitBullHappenings.)
"Dangerous dogs" returned to owners
"Dangerous dogs" returned to owners8:20pm Friday 24th June 2011

TWO pets suspected of being on the dangerous dogs list have been returned to their owners.

Police seized Aggro and Bullseye from a home in Clacton last week amid fears they were banned pitbulls.

But the dogs were handed back to owner Elaine Miller after tests revealed the animals were legal.

She had protested the Aggro and Bullseye's innocence from the moment they were taken away.

Elaine, 38, said: "They have no characteristics of pitbulls whatsoever - that's why I was so annoyed.

"I'd have been heartbroken if they had turned out to be pitbulls but I knew they weren't."

She said the family was delighted to see their pets back again.

The mum of five added: “The kids are over the moon to have them back.

"My daughter Bayleigh cried most nights they were away because she goes to sleep with Aggro.

"She couldn't wait to go to bed last night because she'd got her friend back which was really nice."

The dogs were kept in kennels for a week after police raided the house in Lupin Way.

Officers were joined by council dog wardens and police dog handlers.

Tests carried out to see if the dogs were on the dangerous breeds list were negative.

A police spokesman said: "Police officers will always act on information where we believe there are dogs that pose a threat to the public and take appropriate action.

"We work closely with the RSPCA and local authorities.

"Where it is found that no offence has been committed, dogs will be returned to their owners."

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/local...to_owners/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Call to destroy dangerous dogs to save money Debbie 1 776 05-14-2010 10:03 AM
Last Post: Lyle

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Mailing Address: 9602 US Hwy 19 #82, Port Richey, Florida 34668 | Phone: 727-247-6760 | Fax: 727-255-5445
General Email: Rescue@PitBullHappenings.com | Official Facebook Page | Official Twitter: @PBHRescue

501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit Organization | EIN: 27-4121738 | Florida License & Registration #CH37639 | Form 1023
Annual Information Filings (Form 990-N, Year Ending December 31): 2013 | 2012 | 2011
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services: 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) | 1-800-FL-AYUDA (352-9832) | 850-410-3800
Site Map | T&C | Privacy Information | Contact Us | Pit Bull Happenings Rescue ©2014 | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | Powered By MyBB
"Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, and maketh us wiser than the fowls of heaven?" ~ Job 35:11
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." ~ Philippians 4:13
Trust in the Lord!
Jesus loves Pit Bulls USA Dog Logo Paisley Dog Logo Jesus loves Pit Bulls White Dog Logo Black Dog Dog Logo Jesus loves Pit Bulls