Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help with my pit bull
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Need help with my pit bull
Hi there, I thought maybe you all (fellow pit bull owners or lovers) could help me out, we adopted a pit bull back in Feb. she is a LOVE her name is Bailey, the sweetest thing ever, she was only 10 weeks old when we got her, however, she is very frightened of a lot of things up to and including when she is eating if someone just walks by her she doesn't get aggressive but she jumps like someone just dropped something huge right next her when in truth we just walk by her, she nips at my kids when they let her in and out of the house to go to the bathroom and she gets so frightened somethimes that she actually pees all over the place, she is house trained and only does that when she is scared or when she is REALLY excited, I just feel so bad for this little girl she seems to be afraid of her own shadow, nothing has happened to her while she has been in our care and I am pretty positive that nothing happened to her where we got her from but I can't be 100% sure, just wondering if there is any advice you could give, and like I said she is NOT aggressive at all I just want to help her to not be afraid anymore. I appreciate any advice at all that you could give. My husband keeps saying we are going to have to get her a new home if she doesn't get better because he is afraid she is going to get more aggressive with the kids [/font]and that would kill me. I love her so much and I just want her to be happy which she seems to be most of the time. Just a little bit of guidance here would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2012, 09:45 PM
RE: Need help with my pit bull
Perhaps some dog training might instill some confidence in her. This sounds like a tough case, the dog I rescued use to be very frightened of everything too, but he recovers very well and is working things out a lot on his own and just from us socializing and getting him some training. I also noticed that our other dogs have helped rehabilitate our frightened dog, by being calm and assured themselves. He often takes their cues and follows their lead.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Mailing Address: 9602 US Hwy 19 #82, Port Richey, Florida 34668 | Phone: 727-247-6760 | Fax: 727-255-5445
General Email: Rescue@PitBullHappenings.com | Official Facebook Page | Official Twitter: @PBHRescue
501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit Organization | EIN: 27-4121738 | Florida License & Registration #CH37639 | Form 1023
Annual Information Filings (Form 990-N, Year Ending December 31): 2013 | 2012 | 2011
Site Map | T&C | Privacy Information | Contact Us | Pit Bull Happenings Rescue ©2013 | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | Powered By MyBB
"Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, and maketh us wiser than the fowls of heaven?" ~ Job 35:11
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." ~ Philippians 4:13
Trust in the Lord!